From their foundation in 1891, Scania Australia’s culture of continuous innovation has made it one of the world’s leading manufacturers of heavy trucks and buses. Scania is a global company, offering sales and services in more than 100 countries. They also offer financial services in many markets, with production units located in Europe, South America and Asia.
Scania’s success is based on six core values, Customer first, Respect for the individual, Elimination of waste, Determination, Team Spirit and Integrity. These values reflect their journey towards a more sustainable future and a role in the ecosystem, as well as their position within Volkswagen Truck & Bus.
These values will continue to be integral to how the company is run, building global leadership in sustainable transport.
Opportunity for Improvement
Scania was utilising basic telephony and was unable to track basic caller information, such as who was calling and for what reason.
The organisation wanted better visibility into why its customers were contacting them in order to improve its customer’ experience and to plan resource capacity around that. In addition, Scania was looking to improve collaboration with their branch locations, staff, and clients.
- No Visibility of Call Volumes
- No Visibility of Call Context
- Audio Conferencing
- Web Conferencing
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
Voice Control – Standard PBX features including:
- Inbound / outbound dialling
- Hunt groups
- Connectivity to the PSTN
- Internal dialling between sites
- Wireless Voice
Cisco Unity Connection (CUC)
- Individual voicemail all users
- Group voicemail
- IVR functionality
- Auto Attendant functionality
- Voicemail to Email
- Adhoc Call Recording
- Cisco Webex Board 55’
Cisco Instant Message & Presence (CIMP)
Unified Communications – Cisco Jabber Client provides:
- Organisation wide presence
- Organisation wide chat
- Internal Jabber to Jabber video and screen share
- Deploy on up to 10 devices per user providing greater agility for staff to work in field
Cisco Contact Centre Express (CCX)
- Multimedia Contact Centre – Voice / Video / SMS / Email
- Live & Historic Statistics / Wall Board
- CRM Integration
Telstra Voice Carriage Services
- Separation of voice and data services to provide higher availability and improve quality
- Telstra SIP Services with automatic failover to mobile services to provide resilient carriage
- Telstra private network between sites to provide improved quality of voice calls internally
Scania Australia has decided to replace its aging telephony platform with a new Cisco Unified Collaboration solution that successfully addresses its evolving communication needs.
The solution specifically targets those needs by providing state of the art Unified Communication and Collaboration tools including, IP Telephony, Instant Messaging, Presence, Web and Video Conferencing capabilities. All services are delivered via the Cisco UCM platform that has been built from the ground up to cater for the needs of multisite deployments.
Incorporating a platform that is intuitive, engaging, secure and that provides unrivalled flexibility has not only improved and streamlined the business’ day to day communications but has also created additional value in every process where it’s involved. Activities such as desktop sharing, remote control and instant messaging have opened new possibilities in terms of employee collaboration.
“JB Solutions really understood our business needs and the way we worked. This insight played a pivotal role in guiding us through the selection process…with the assistance of Telstra and Cisco the solution was commercially viable and scalable. We look forward to utilising these technologies and growing with the Cisco unified communication solution.”
– Michael Russo, IT Operations Manager